According to This article every person loses 2.5 days a year due to slow websites. I believe it! It seems like half of the sites I visit take 5 or more seconds to load a single page, completely unacceptable. Here are some ways to make sure that your website isn’t running slowly:
- Make sure that all of your website graphics are optimized
- Clean up any programming code, remove unnecessary loops and functions
- Frequently check your web server stats for CPU time, memory load and response times
- Never use animation or transitions that make a visitor wait for them to complete before moving on to the content
- Get a better website host. I personally recommend Bluehost
Of course, there’s more you can do to optimize a website for your visitors but those are the basics if you want to do it yourself. The alternative is to hire a professional to do it for you.