Do you need help when migrating your existing business email to Microsoft 365 (Formerly Office 365)? After your business has made the intelligent decision to switch email services from outdated POP3 and IMAP servers to Microsoft 365 and Exchange, you’ll need to determine a quick and reliable method to complete the transition. The goal is to avoid any email downtime for your business, so an IT professional should be hired who can assist you with seamlessly migrating your entire company email services from an old email server to Microsoft 365.
Here are some of the many steps that an IT professional will be able to assist you with during the move:
- Determining the best Microsoft 365 licenses for your organization based on your anticipated usage scenarios
- Gaining access to your DNS host and performing tests to determine if records can be modified in a timely fashion
- Configuring the initial Microsoft 365 account and user details and generating passwords and licenses
- Figuring out email forwarding scenarios, distribution groups, and other factors in advance
- Determine which method of migration you will want to use, such as cutover, staged, etc. and making sure that the chosen method will not result in any downtime for the organization’s email
- Configuring SPAM filters
- Modifying the domain records and pointing MX records
- Performing the live migration (usually done over a weekend)
- Copying over all emails and other Outlook items to the new accounts
- Testing the ability to send/receive in the new accounts
- Installing MS 365 software to user machines and devices and testing
- Integrating other aspects of Microsoft 365 into the organization
- User training
There are a multitude of technical steps when moving your emails from an old email server such as GoDaddy, Gmail, Cpanel, an old web host, or other email services to Office 365 (Microsoft 365). Hiring an experienced IT professional to assist your business with the move can make everything easy on you, will be extremely effective and helpful, and will save your business time, money, and avoid potential downtime and errors with email performance in the future.
Migrating Email to Microsoft 365
my PC Techs has assisted hundreds of businesses with email migration from outdated servers to Office 365, now Microsoft 365, and Exchange Servers and can help you migrate and manage your Microsoft 365 accounts long after the migration is done. If you’d like help upgrading your email to MS 365 please give us a call.